2022 - 2ND ANNUAL UNIVERSAL PLANT SERVICES BACK THE BLUE BBQ FESTIVAL
- KIDS "QUE" COMPETITION -
WE’RE BRINGING A “KIDS QUE” - KIDS BBQ COMPETITION TO OUR UPS BTB-BBQ FESTIVAL!
We will only be accepting 20 entries this year!
We will have 2 age groups competing! 10 kids (7 – 10) AND 10 kids (11 – 14)
- REGISTRATION IS $25 PER KID! Each kid must be accompanied an adult/assistant.
This adult/assistant will only be allowed to light and control the fire (charcoal) and ensure safety!
*Parents: we have volunteers available to assist your child if needed!
THE KID WILL DO ALL THE MARINATING, APPLYING OF RUBS OR SEASONINGS AND COOKING!
- Here’s how it works!
- We (BTB FEST) will supply each kid with: a new BBQ Pit, bag of charcoal & 2 pork chops! *We will also furnish a clean prep area, cooking utensils & zip-loc bags!
- The Kid (and assistant) will bring their own marinate, seasonings & rubs.
- The competition will take place in a designated area in front of the Jimmy Burke.
- Kid's check-in and line-up at 8:30 am. / Start time:/Fires Lit at 9:00 am. / Turn-in deadline 10:00 am.
- Blind judging will be done by a team of police officers!
“KIDS QUE” winners will be announced at BBQ Awards, on the Big Stage at 5:00 pm.
The top 3 winners in each age category receive an awesome trophy/prize!
All competitors receive a certificate of completion and take home the BBQ pit they cooked on!!!
o Click HERE to register your kid and pay $25 registration fee!